Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Givenchy Poetic Brown Swatch

It took me a while to figure out how to do swatches on this palette, so I decided to go by column, the right most column is brown toned, the middle column is pink toned and the left most column is orange toned.

Right



Middle



Left




Used Mac Mixing Medium as eye primer to bring out the colors and the lovely sparkles. If I do not use eye primer, the highlighter colors all look the same on my eyelids, the darker colors do show up pretty well, but very matt and blend.

Then I tried by rows, here’s the middle row.




All of these swatches look pretty similar don’t they? I do love the sheen, the package, the cute variation of color, but at the same time I feel like I’ve seen all of these color somewhere before and the overall tone of the palette is too warm for me.

It is nice to have a complete set of browns and pink and a limited edition Givenchy palette, I don’t see myself needing anymore similar palettes in the future after purchasing this one. On the other hand I don’t see any reason to purchase this if you already have similar colors. Either way I do plan to purchase the Poetic Blue palette as well during Sephora’s FF sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment